Getting started: Mixly for Mac
From Microduino Wikipedia
- Download the latest Mixly for Mac from: https://www.microduino.cc/download
Mixly uses Java to run. To download Java, visit this page: https://java.com/en/download/
Download and complete the installation for Java.
- Change your settings to allow identified developers by going to: (Apple Logo) >>> System Preferences...
- Then go to Security & Privacy.
- Click on then Lock icon and enter your credentials to be able to change settings.
- Under Allow apps download from: select App Store and identified developers
- Click the Lock icon again to lock and save changes.
- After downloading open Mixly for Mac.dmg
- Open the Drivers folder. Drivers are needed to communicate with the Microduino hardware.
- Install ONE of the driver packages:
- Driver_OS10.3.mpkg if you have Mac OS 10.3 or below.
- Driver_OS10.4-10.8.mpkg if you have Mac OS 10.4 to Mac OS 10.8.
- Driver_OS10.9-Newer.mpkg if you have Mac OS 10.9 or newer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
- Once completed. Open the USBTTL-C Install folder. This is another driver that needs to be installed.
- (Note: The Mac OS X 10.6 or older package does not contain this. Therefore, you can skip this step.)
- Open CH34x_Install.pkg. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
- Copy the the entire mdxlyMac folder to your Applications or Desktop
- Now open the copied mdxlyMac folder.
- Hold Control and click on MicroduinoIDE.app
- You will get a message regarding developer cannot be confirmed. Click Open. You will only have to do this once.
- Close the Microduino IDE once it opens.
- Open Mixly.jar
- Click Open
- Mixly for Mac is now running!